The Chamber will recognize South Central Kentucky’s targeted businesses during the 2012 Business & Industry Appreciation Banquet. Targeted businesses are those that do more than 50% of their business outside of the state, bringing new dollars into our region and to our businesses and families.
Secretary Elaine L. Chao, the 24th U. S. Secretary of labor who served from 2001-2009, is the first American woman of Asian descent to be appointed to a President's Cabinet in U.S. history and the first Kentuckian named to the President's Cabinet since 1945. She is the longest tenured secretary of labor since World War II and is the only member of President Bush's original cabinet to have served the entire eight years of his administration.
Tickets are $65 per person or tables (seating 10) are $650 for partners and $585 for President's Club Diamond, Platinum and Gold Partners.
The evening's awards will include
- Business of the Year: For a South Central Kentucky company that makes a significant impact on the local economy and continues to demonstrate investment growth while remaining committed to employing local residents.
- Business Expansion Awards: For South Central Kentucky companies that expanded their operations in 2012, investing capital and creating jobs for local residents.
- Newcomer Awards: For new-to-South Central Kentucky companies that announced their location here in 2012.
- Export Excellence Awards: For South Central Kentucky companies with new or significant increase in documented export sales in 2012.
- Green-to-Gold Awards: For South Central Kentucky companies that—through product or process—best exemplify “green” leadership as it pertains to the region’s goal to become a leader in this emerging field.
- Business Innovation Awards: For South Central Kentucky companies that—through product or process—best exemplify innovative leadership.