Chamber Announces 2012 Leadership Bowling Green Class
Jessica M.L. Thompson, Marketing & Communications Director
BOWLING GREEN, KY-The Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce has selected the members of the 2012 Leadership Bowling Green class. These participants will be honored at a reception on Thursday, March 8, from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Chamber.
Leadership Bowling Green is an eight-month leadership training program sponsored by the Chamber. Participants are selected through an application process by the Leadership Bowling Green Advisory Board.
"Through the retreats, day sessions and leadership exercises, the Leadership Bowling Green classmates form a close bond, and they all work toward a common goal-to make Bowling Green an even better place to live, work and play," said D. Gaines Penn, chairman of the Chamber Board of Directors.
Participants in the 2012 Leadership Bowling Green Program are
Penn continued, "Leadership Bowling Green is one of the Chamber's most popular programs, and it has a strong reputation here because of the commitment of the staff, volunteers and Advisory Board members who lead the program. We're proud to offer a benefit such as this program to our Chamber partnership."
- Joetta Arnett, Independence Bank
- Kelly Arnold, Gemini Homes, Inc.
- Cara Benningfield, BKD, LLP
- Elliot Bloomer, Southern Kentucky Neurosurgical Associates
- Jeff Brittenham, Insight Communications
- Mary Carrell, Service One Credit Union
- Stacy Carter, Hosparus-Barren River
- Lacey Cole, BB&T
- Lucas Davidson, Kerrick, Stivers, Coyle, PLC
- Michael Elder, Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
- Rebecca Elrod, Trace Die Cast, Inc.
- Maria Fisher, Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Central KY
- Katherine Frassinelli, National Corvette Museum
- Laura Gilbert, Heartland Outdoor Media
- Rachel Goodman, Western Kentucky University
- Robia Gross, Greenwood Mall
- Richard Hartsock, Bell, Orr, Ayers & Moore, PSC
- Amy Hogue, South Central Bank of Bowling Green, Inc.
- Anna Lee, Farmers National Bank
- Lindsey McClain, Franklin Bank & Trust Company
- Lynn Minton, Western Kentucky University
- Denise Mitchell, Village Manor/Christian Health Center
- Frank Moore, Cole & Moore, PSC
- Chris Nation, Hitcents.com
- Ross Richey, Lawton Insurance
- John Smith, U.S. Bank
- Justin Srygler, The Medical Center
- Katie Stinnett, Wells Fargo Advisors
- Sonja Taylor, American Bank and Trust Company, Inc.
- Michael Thompson, Bank of Edmonson County
- Charles Walker, Michael K. Bishop & Associates, PSC
- Jimmy Woodall, Carr, Riggs and Ingram, LLC
Tamara Vogler of BB&T is the 2012 Leadership Bowling Green chair, and she is joined by Co-Chair Johnston Boyd, The Vision Group, LLC. Vogler said, "I'm excited to begin our 2012 Leadership Bowling Green program! This is a great opportunity for classmates to build their leadership skills, learn about their community and expand their business networks."
Gail Henderson, Chamber program director, oversees the Leadership Bowling Green program. "Our pool of applicants for this year's program was an impressive group of individuals who want to grow as leaders and give back to the community. I look forward to working with the new class, along with Tamara and Johnston, this year."
About the Bowling Green Area Chamber of CommerceIncorporated in 1935, the Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce is a 5-Star Accredited Chamber by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and was named the 2009 Chamber of the Year by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives. As the fourth largest chamber in Kentucky, the Chamber serves as a premier business advocate for its more than 1,300 partners and is the driving force for economic development in South Central Kentucky. Its primary goals are to promote growth and success in the business community, reaching its small business partners and those in large industries alike. With leadership programs, governmental relations projects, educational initiatives and involvement opportunities, the Chamber aims to support the community and its neighbors in order to enhance the business climate and continue to grow the region.