Adam Yates Receives 2011 Bart Hagerman Leadership Award
Jessica M.L. Thompson, Marketing & Communications Director
BOWLING GREEN, KY-The Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce announced that Adam Yates is the 2011 Bart Hagerman Leadership Award recipient during last night's 2011 Leadership Bowling Green graduation ceremony.
"The Chamber congratulates Adam on his award. He represents all that the Hagerman Award honors," said Rodney Rogers, Chamber Board of Directors chairman.
The Hagerman Award is the top honor bestowed upon a graduating member of the Leadership Bowling Green program, and the recipient is selected by a vote of his or her classmates. Johnston Boyd, the 2010 Hagerman Award recipient, presented the award to Yates.
The Hagerman Award is named for Bart Hagerman who served as the Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce's chamber executive from 1983 to 1986. Hagerman initiated the first leadership program for Chamber members in Kentucky while he worked as the assistant chamber executive at the Ashland (Ky.) Chamber of Commerce; that program became known as Leadership Ashland. He brought the program to Bowling Green when he accepted the chamber executive position, and he selected the first Leadership Bowling Green class in 1984.
In Yates' application to the Leadership Bowling Green program, he expressed his desire to learn more about Bowling Green and Warren County through the program. He also noted, "I believe that by attending and completing the Leadership Bowling Green program, I would be better equipped to be a spokesperson and recruiter for our community."
Yates is a financial advisor at Briggs, Kelly, Yates and Associates of Ameriprise Financial. His community involvement includes the Sigma Chi Chapter Adevisory Board, WKU Young Alumni Council, Business Network International (BNI) and Team Baker. He is a member of Hillvue Heights Church and is part of the Hillvue Heights Prison Softball Ministry.
"I'm honored that my class selected me to receive this award. I've enjoyed getting to know each of my classmates and I'm grateful for everything I've learned this year. It's humbling to know that my classmates believe in my leadership abilities," said Yates.
John Ross Copeland, chair of the 2011 Leadership Bowling Green class, congratulated Yates by saying, "Adam shows great leadership in everything that he does. He has been a tremendous asset to this year's class, and I congratulate him on this award."
Copeland and co-chair Tamara Vogler, BB&T vice president and certified center lender, led this year's program. Graduates of the 2011 Leadership Bowling Green class are:
- Nancy Becker, Housing Authority of Bowling Green
- JB Bridgeman, JB Electric, LLC
- Brad Brown, U.S. Bank
- Jonathan Bryant, Coldwell Banker-Legacy Real Estate Group
- Shelley Chatfield, English, Lucas, Priest & Owsley, LLP
- Patrick Coleman, Carr, Riggs, & Ingram, LLC
- Kelly Davidson, Citizens First
- Sherri Emberton, Scotty's Contracting & Stone, LLC
- Lee Fowlkes, Bethany Christian Services
- Sherri Goldsmith, Commonwealth Health Corporation
- Erin Howell, Individual Chamber Partner
- Alecia Johnson, Barren River Area Development District
- Brandon Jones, Edmonton State Bank
- Olivia Kirn, BB&T
- Elizabeth Leftwich, Western Kentucky University
- Chris McIntyre, Warren County Board of Education
- Darren Mexic, Debra L. Broz, Attorney at Law
- June Nakoski, Service One Credit Union
- Gerald Napoles, Bowling Green Technical College
- Sarah Rascoe, Daymar College
- Chappell Schardein, Houchens Insurance Group
- Eric St. John, Neal Turner Realty
- Betsy Ann Tracy, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
- Guy Waggoner, II, Kentucky Trust Company
- Kristy Watt, Bellewood Presbyterian Homes
- Christopher Whitfield, Harned, Bachert & McGehee, PSC
- Adam Yates, Briggs, Kelly, Yates and Associates of Ameriprise Financial
Additionally, two members of the 2010 Leadership Bowling Green Class received their diplomas: Marissa Butler of the Bowling Green Area Convention & Visitors Bureau and Mark Maier of English, Lucas, Priest & Owsley, LLP.
Leadership Bowling Green applications will be available January 3 online at www.bgchamber.com and are due January 31 by the close of business (4:30 p.m. CST). For more information, contact the Chamber at 270-781-3200.
About the Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce:
Incorporated in 1935, the Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce is a 5-Star Accredited Chamber by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and was named the 2009 Chamber of the Year by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives. As the fourth largest chamber in Kentucky, the Chamber serves as a premier business advocate for its more than 1,300 partners and is the driving force for economic development in South Central Kentucky. Its primary goals are to promote growth and success in the business community, reaching its small business partners and those in large industries alike. With leadership programs, governmental relations projects, educational initiatives and involvement opportunities, the Chamber aims to support the community and its neighbors in order to enhance the business climate and continue to grow the region.